Alcohol screening test near me, how important is it? Alcohol-impaired driving is a top contributing factor to road crashes and fatalities in New Zealand every year. High alcohol-related incidents led to the stringent implementation of road safety rules. Law enforcement place more sobriety checkpoints and random roadside breath tests as preventive measures. Roadside screening checks a driver’s Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) to ensure that they are not driving over the legal limit (0.05% BAC). Exceeding the alcohol limit constitutes serious criminal charges or punishments. Therefore, many people need to check their alcohol levels before driving.
Stricter road policies prompt many people to look for an “alcohol screening test near me” to ascertain they are safe and within legal driving limits. Roadside alcohol screening involves asking the driver to blow into a breathalyser device to determine their BAC or intoxication level. If the driver has consumed alcohol earlier, the breathalyser detects it and estimates the alcohol concentration in the blood. Therefore, the more alcohol you drink, the higher your BAC. Additionally, people can check their BAC level through coin-operated breathalysers in bars. However, the most efficient way to determine your alcohol is through personal breath testers like the BACtrack. Breathalysers New Zealand has a wide range of pro-grade devices that can help people remain safe while consuming alcohol.
Ways to Test for Alcohol
Alcohol is a widely consumed beverage worldwide. It is also a huge part of many cultures and festivities. However, any alcohol content can potentially harm health and increase safety risks. Additionally, excessive intake can quickly lead to severe impairment. Alcohol consumption can cause blurry vision, impaired hearing, slow reaction time, and poor eye-hand coordination. Therefore, impaired abilities increase the risk of accidents. To help moderate your consumption, you can start by looking for an “alcohol screening test near me” online. There are various ways that you can test your alcohol content. The most common are:
- Breath test – Breathalyser devices can detect alcohol through the breath for up to 24 hours. Alcohol molecules enter the lungs and exit through exhalation.
- Urine test – Urine analysis can trace alcohol for 24 to 48 hours. It is more common in workplaces if employers want to include alcohol in a urine drug screening.
- Oral fluid test – A mouth swab test can detect alcohol for 5 to 24 hours from last consumption. It is a practical alternative for breath or urine to test for alcohol or drugs.
- Blood test – The most accurate yet invasive test type. It is suitable for confirming a positive result from a preliminary screening.
- Hair test – A hair strand test helps establish alcohol use behaviour due to its longer detection time. Alcohol substance remains in the hair follicle for up to 90 days.
Alcohol Breath Test with BACtrack
What is the best method of alcohol screening test near me? Each screening procedure has advantages and limitations. They are appropriate for certain situations, such as random alcohol monitoring or post-accident. For example, roadside screening use breath tests to check the BAC. It is the least invasive procedure and delivers instant results. Moreover, modern devices like breathalysers enable individuals to check their BAC efficiently. A breathalyser is a portable device that captures the exhaled breath, oxidises alcohol, and calculates the BAC. Breathalysers use sensor technologies to measure the amount of alcohol in the breath. Most alcohol testers at Breathalysers New Zealand use fuel cell sensors to determine the accurate BAC level.
Fuel cell breathalysers undergo an electrochemical process to estimate the BAC. When the platinum fuel cell sensors contact ethanol, it produces small electrical charges. The number of currents produced is proportional to the amount of alcohol in the breath or blood. Additionally, fuel cell sensors are sensitive to ethanol and not reactive to other substances. Therefore, it will not affect the BAC results of people on a low-calorie diet with high acetone levels. It is also less likely to produce false positives. Furthermore, when looking for an “alcohol screening test near me”, a reliable device like BACtrack ensures you get accurate results. The BACtrack fuel cell breathalysers have pro-grade accuracy; the same technology police officers use in roadside screening.
Benefits of Alcohol Screening Test Near Me
Searching for “Alcohol screening test near me” online returns various results. Many include testing facilities administering individual or workplace testing. For personal use, a breathalyser is the most cost-efficient. It allows you to check your BAC at any time and place. For example, you can conveniently check your alcohol content at a party or bar or if you are in a remote location where testing centres are limited or inaccessible. Additionally, breathalysers offer the following benefits:
- Instant results – Breathalysers have the fastest turnaround time among all alcohol screening methods. The BACtrack breathalysers process the sample and deliver the BAC result in 10 to 15 seconds.
- Portable – Compact-sized devices let you easily check your BAC anywhere.
- Accurate – Modern breathalyser technology can precisely estimate the BAC. For more reliable results, choose a breathalyser with fuel cell sensors.
- Alcohol monitoring – Breathalysers help monitor the increase or decrease of BAC. For instance, people use it to limit their intake to avoid going over the legal limit. Similarly, many people test their breath every hour to track the decline of their BAC.
Breathalysers: Preventing Impairment
Government and health experts always advise consuming alcohol in moderation. You can find many options by searching for “alcohol screening test near me” online. It is a good start to ensuring personal safety. A breathalyser enables you to practice responsible consumption. Moreover, breathalysers help many people become aware of how alcohol affects their bodies. For example, some people get intoxicated more quickly than others. Testing your BAC after a few rounds of drinks helps prevent severe impairment. You may also use a personal breathalyser like BACtrack with other tips to control your BAC and avoid drink driving. These tips are:
- Know how many standard drinks you are consuming
- Set limits for yourself and stick to them
- Drink slowly
- Alternate non-alcoholic with alcoholic drinks
- Eat before or while consuming alcohol
Devices at Breathalysers New Zealand
Personal breathalysers are cost-efficient in checking your BAC in real-time. The availability of more affordable and accurate breathalysers significantly reduces alcohol-related road incidents. Additionally, you would no longer need to find an “alcohol screening test near me” online every time you go out for drinks. Breathalysers New Zealand presents a comprehensive range of alcohol testers suitable for personal or professional use. The BACtrack S80 Pro is a pro-grade breathalyser that gives highly precise BAC results. On the other hand, you can opt for a smartphone breathalyser like the BACtrack Mobile Pro. The device connects via Bluetooth to deliver the BAC results directly on the smartphone screen. Lastly, you can take advantage of the ZeroLine technology of BACtrack to efficiently estimate how long your BAC level will return to 0.00%.